Northwest Business Park, Ballycoolin, Dublin
Precision Heating Ltd. is a leading player in its sector, based in Northwest Business Park, Dublin with a turnover approaching €10m + and 21 staff. Precision Heating are the agents and distributors in Ireland for some world leading heating brands such as Viessmann, CTC, Kaimann, Bentone and more. The business uses a fully integrated best in class ERP system, and a well-developed GL.
The key technologies in which the successful candidate will specialise are the following.
- Heat Pump Technology
- Solar Technology
- Domestic and Commercial Gas & Oil Boiler Technology
- Domestic Hot Water Solutions
- Heat Recovery Ventilation
As a technical sales engineer, you’ll use your technical knowledge along with sales skills to provide advice and support on a range of heating products, for which specific training will be provided.
You’ll assist colleagues with quotations, designs and specifications for new clients from a technical perspective.
Clients are usually technical staff from non-retail organisations, such as boiler installers, mechanical contractors, architects and mechanical consultants
The emphasis of the work varies depending on the level of technical knowledge needed to sell a product or service.
Technical sales engineers are a key point of contact for clients and provide both pre and after-sales advice. You will work alongside others in the technical sales team and liaise regularly with colleagues from a range of other departments, such as:
- Technical help
- Senior company managers
As a technical sales engineer for Precision Heating Ltd, you’ll need to:
- search for new clients who might benefit from company products or services and maximise client potential in designated regions
- develop long-term relationships with clients, through managing and interpreting their requirements
- persuade clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery
- calculate client quotations and administer client accounts
- provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education
- work on after-sales support services and provide technical back up as required
- arrange and carry out product training
- analyse costs and sales
- meet regular sales targets and coordinate sales projects
- make technical presentations and demonstrate how a product meets client needs
- liaise with other members of the sales team and other technical experts
- help in the design of bespoke heating systems
- provide training and produce support material for other members of the sales team.
- Degree in Building Services/Mechanical Engineering
- From 0-3 years’ experience in the heating industry
- a solid technical background
- sales skills
- communication skills
- sound judgement and good business sense
- organisational skills
- teamworking capability
- the ability to build relationships quickly and effectively
- analytical and problem-solving skills
- resilience and tenacity
- independence and self-reliance
Monday to Friday 8am-5pm
Lunch break 1 hour
Initially you are expected to gain experience in your field, develop product/service knowledge and build your reputation in technical sales.
Once established as a technical sales engineer you may have the option of:
- staying in the sales field but moving to external sales
- moving into a managerial role and climbing the management ladder
- moving to other areas of the company